In order to get access to MTL services, you must register using the MTL-NANO MUMMS registration form. Before you start registration, please make sure that:
- You have a valid email address for your organization (MIT or otherwise).
- You know the MTL services to which you need access.
- You have an MIT account number (internal users) or a purchase order number (external users) from your supervisor.
- If you are an external user, you must provide a copy of the purchase order and some required background information before you can register. Please download and complete the purchase order information form.
After completing the form, you will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm your registration. Your registration must be confirmed by you in order to proceed to the next steps in the process. Once your registration is confirmed, you will be able to log into MTL-NANO MUMMS to see the status of your services and make changes.
Note that some MTL services will not be activated until certain requirements are met, including:
- Creation of your user account: You will not be able to log into any MTL computers without an active user account. Your user account must be created by MTL staff which normally takes 1 or 2 days.
- Completion of safety requirements: You must complete the required safety training and sign-offs before you can get access to log into CORAL.
- Approval of charges: We will need to receive approval from your supervisor before any services which incur charges can be activated. An email will be sent to the supervisor requesting approval when you confirm your registration.
- Administrator Approval: Some services require approval from a designated staff person. In particular, CAD access requires approval from the CAD administrator. If you request CAD access, an email will be sent to the CAD administrator requesting approval when you confirm your registration.
The status of all of these requirements can be viewed by logging into MTL-NANO MUMMS and choosing Manage Your Services.
If you have any problems using the MUMMS registration form, you can contact mumms-problems [at] mtl.mit.edu.